Dang Gui Nourishing Soup
Benefits and Functions.
Dang Gui Nourishing Soup (当归补血汤), is designed to be consumed during first week of confinement period. Dang Gui Nourishing Soup as your confinement food menu can helps to tonify blood, clear blood stasis and speed up a woman’s recovery from childbirth. Dang Gui or Chinese angelica is one of the most well-known Chinese herbs that has a very important place in women’s health and treatment for women’s illnesses. The herb has the ability to strengthen blood, nourish female reproductive organs, regulate menstruation, alleviate period pains and recover from symptoms of low energy or chronic fatigue.
Confinement Period To Consume: First Week.
- 10g Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica, 当归)
- 10g Tao Ren (Semen Persicae, 桃仁)
- 15g Shu Di (Radix Rehmanniae Preparata, 熟地)
- 10g Chuan Xiong (Lovage Root, 川芎)
- 10g Hong Zao (Red Dates, 红枣)
- 10g Hong Hua (Flos Carthami, 红花)
- 250g Pork Ribs
- Soak all herbs in 1000ml water for 30min.
- Add in blanched pork ribs.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours
- Add seasoning.
*For vegetarian, use monkey head mushroom as replacement.