What is Confinement Nanny Insurance?
Confinement nanny insurance is a type of plan that provides medical coverage for Malaysian confinement lady during her employment. The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) recommends to buy a good medical insurance coverage of at least $15,000 for your nanny. However, most insurance agencies do not specifically provide a tailored insurance for confinement nanny. You will often be advised to buy under Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) insurance plan. This plan require a minimum 14 months coverage. You can terminate the policy with pro-rated refund once nanny’s employment ended since confinement is a short period of 28 to 56 days.
By purchasing the medical plan, the insurance agency agree to pay the benefits set out in exchange for the premium paid.
Coverage and Sum Insured:
- Accidental death & permanent disability (per policy): S$60,000.00
- Outpatient medical expenses due to injury (per policy): S$2,000.00
- Domestic helper / Confinement Nanny’s personal liability (per policy): S$25,000.00
- Special grant due to death: S$2,000.00
- Wages compensation (per day up to 30 days): S$20.00
- Hospital and surgical expenses (per year): S$15,000.00
- COVID-19 cover (for COVID-19 diagnosed within first 14 days of arrival or return to Singapore) (per incident): S$30,000.00
*Coverage terms subjective to changes.
Do note that you are not able to claim if the permanent disability or death is caused directly or indirectly by sickness. For example heart attack, stroke or by any physical disability which existed before the start of the policy.
Confinement Nanny Insurance Benefits:
- One of the primary benefits of getting insurance for confinement nanny is that it can help to protect the family’s financial well-being in the event of a claim. The policy will protect you or your confinement nanny financially. In the event when a death, injury, sickness, legal liability or other specified event happens during the period of insurance. She is performing the customary duty of confinement nanny as per MOM’s work permit guidelines. The claim or compensation amount depends on the conditions and maximum benefit limits and sub-limits as set out in the insurance policy.
- Another benefit of confinement nanny insurance is that it can provide peace of mind to the family. When a family hires a confinement nanny, they are placing a significant amount of trust in the caregiver. While most confinement nannies are highly experienced and reliable, accidents can happen. Having insurance in place can help to ease the family’s worries and provide reassurance that they are protected in case of an incident.
- In addition to protecting families, the insurance plan also benefits the nannies themselves. By having insurance coverage, nannies can protect themselves from financial loss in the event of a claim or lawsuit. This is especially important for nannies who are self-employed or from confinement nanny agencies.
Should I Get Insurance for Confinement Nanny?
In conclusion, although currently it is not a requirement by the MOM to have insurance coverage in order to obtain a valid confinement nanny work permit, it is recommended to buy insurance for confinement nanny. While confinement lady can be a great help to new parents, she can also be a source of financial risk. When selecting a policy, families should carefully review the coverage options and work with a reputable insurance provider to ensure that they have the protection they need. For example, NTUC Income Insurance Co-Operative Ltd, AVA Insurance Agency.
Find out more from us on confinement nanny insurance quotation that we partner with.