Four Herbs Soup
Benefits and Functions.
Four Herbs Soup (丹参四物汤) is another nutritious confinement food recipe to have on your food menu to tonify blood and clear blood stasis during first week of confinement.
- 5g Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica, 当归)
- 10g Shu Di (熟地)
- 15g Yi Mu Cao (益母草)
- 9g Dan Shen (Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae, 丹參)
- 5g Bai Shao (白芍)
- 5g Chuan Xiong (Lovage Root, 川芎)
- Kampung Chicken Drumsticks
- Wash chicken, place in a pot
- Add 1000ml water to pot.
- Bring to boil and remove scum.
- Add in remaining of herbs.
- Simmer over low heat until chicken is soft.
- Add seasoning before serving.
*Kampong chicken is used due to less fats.