Sheng Hua Tang
Sheng Hua Tang Benefits and Functions.
Sheng Hua Tang (生化汤) is a Chinese herbal soup formula designed for mothers after childbirth to aid uterus recovery in clearing blood stasis and tissue from the uterus. Sheng Hua Tang is a popular TCM remedy which confinement nannies usually prepare as part of confinement meal to mothers during her first week of confinement. Sheng Hua Tang recipe consists of herbs such as Dang Gui, Cao Hong Hua, Zhi Gan Cao, Guang Tao Ren and Chuan Xiong which provides benefits in improving blood circulation, warming the channels to relieve pain, treating retention of placental fragments within uterus and helping the uterus to contract. However, Sheng Hua Tang is not suitable for mothers who underwent cesarean section or experience excessive bleeding. They should delay taking Sheng Hua Soup or avoid it completely if possible.
- 4g Pao Jiang (Fried Ginger, 炮姜)
- 6g Zhi Gan Cao (Roasted Licorice Root, 炙甘草)
- 10g Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica, 当归)
- 10g Cao Hong Hua (Carthamus Tinctorius, 草红花)
- 10g Guang Tao Ren (Semen Persicae, 光桃仁)
- 10g Chuan Xiong (Lovage Root, 川芎)
- Wash herbs, soak in 750ml water for 30min.
- Boil herbs with soaked water until 200ml left and leave for later use.
- Pour another 750ml water in herbs to boil for 2nd time until 200ml is left.
- Mix 2 bowls of 200ml herbal soup together.
- Consumed Sheng Hua Tang during morning and night.
*For mummies with gastric problems, please be advised to drink the Sheng Hua Tang soup after food.
*Rice wine can be used to boil the herbal soup instead of water.