Tian Qi Soup
Benefits and Functions.
Tian Qi Soup (田七活血汤) is a popular confinement food to have on your food menu as it known for effective blood cleansing, blood stasis clearing and improvement of blood circulation. Tian Qi Soup recipe consists of herbs such as Tian Qi, Dan Shen, Yi Mu Cao and Black Dates. Recommended for first week of confinement period as Tian Qi Soup not only provide significant healing effects but is also good for skin and invigorate mind and body as well.
- 15g Tian Qi, mashed (Pseudo Ginseng, 田七，捣碎)
- 10g Dan Shen (丹参)
- 15g Yi Mu Cao (益母草)
- 10g Black Dates (黑枣)
- 5g Black Fungus (黑木耳)
- 3 pcs Candied Dates (蜜枣)
- 2 slices Ginger (姜)
- Soak black fungus in cold water, remove dirt and impurities.
- Wash and cut red dates into halves.
- Wash Tian Qi and pound to break lightly.
- Put herbs in a pot, add 1000ml water and soak for 30min.
- Add in remaining ingredients, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add seasoning before serve.